XJO 0.81% 8,064.0 s&p/asx 200

monday trading, page-122

1. 423 Posts.
    OK, my question in response to this chart is as follows:

During the first half of this time period, all of the touches on your lines are on the LOWER set of lines - 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4.

During the second half of this time period, all of the touches are on the HIGHER set of lines - 2:1 and 3:1.

This is a consistent pattern I've seen on all the charts you've put up, which is consistent with a growth curve across a best fit line.

Don't you think one could devise a system where one plots a set of growth curves around your pink line (which I take it is the average growth curve), using different values for the growth rate, such that the family of curves hits the points you interested in WITHOUT have the bias I've described above?

In other words, so that the higher and lower members of the family of lines are hit about equally often during the first half and the second half of the time period?

I agree that over a short period of time (less than, oh, 5 years say) it really doesn't matter. But it seems to me using these growth curves would be a better way to go over long time periods.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.