CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

IMO I think it highly unlikely that CER or CNP will finish green...

1. 2,086 Posts.
    IMO I think it highly unlikely that CER or CNP will finish green on monday, or even trend up in the coming months.

Daytraders who often help to push a shareprice up beyond what it should be on a fundamental level, have no incentive to buy, with the only news likely to come out over the coming months being writedowns in book values leading to lower NTA valuations. Without any dividends on the horizon either, long term investors investors will be steering well clear as well.

As is obvious to many, the only way the shareprice will appreciate will be through reduction of debt via asset sales....and with all the opportunities out there at the moment of stocks delivering high yields relative to shareprice, I doubt many will park investment dollars in CER/CNP waiting for a surprise announcement of an asset sale.

I myself had bought CER purely as a trade, and I couldn't believe my good fortune to see bids at .125 yesterday, and I sold into it immediately....without any distribution, as was announced yesterday, why would anyone want CER at this point.

I find that listening to all the noise on these kind of websites, can be particularly hazardous to your investment portfolio, especially when one considers that the vast majority of posters here are inclined to be traders rather than investors, who ramp when they hold, and bag the stock when they sell. I think it best to use these kind of sites as contra-indicators....identify opportunities when there is no rucus, and sell when all the noise (or herd) arrives...unless of course one likes to pay pass the parcel with one's hard earned...more often than not, that ends badly.

As for CER, personally I would be selling, because it's far more likely to drop over the next few months than it is to appreciate IMO. If you like the stock, well you could always pick it up again later on a cheaper price.

Each to their own though, and I hope everyone succeeds with their particular strategy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.