IMM 3.17% 30.5¢ immutep limited

monday's price action, page-7

1. 2,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    It may not be the time to think that PRR SP will be travelling entirely on its own merits next week, when a major pillar of stability in the ME for the last few decades, gets the wobbles and both Gold and Oil futures are soaring.

The pullback in majors may be symptomatic of markets being a bit more conservative this time when disruptive global events are underway, and stashing away profits.

When, at the same time, a few minors were roaring along, it suggests some 'volatility' might be in store next week.

China takes its New Year holiday next week and that tends not to encourage the markets. When you can't hear everyone's 'economic engine' revving for a few days, the silence has you pondering economic problems.

It is often said there is a lot of market manipulation in the ASX and this makes sense as it is so small and international funds and people have huge capital to influence it.

I posted the other day about not finding it 'productive' to speculate about manipulation. I only meant I don't find any value in doing it myself, but this was misinterpreted by another poster as a criticism of others who do it - sorry for not expressing it clearly enough.

That is not to say I don't idly wonder about patterns and events, but I struggle to come to grips with identifying the relevant events or correctly ascribing the cause and effect.

For example, I idly imagine the following may be true, but do not think it is 'productive' because I lack any basis for confidence that it is anywhere near the truth.

In the last few weeks, while majors are pulling back, it seems that a greater incentive than usual exists for sophisticated punters and managers with serious money to prime the minnows simply because they have cash from selling the majors (the bit they haven't gone short with) burning a hole in their Armani suits.

Coincidentally, IMO, we seem to benefit from a surge in very sophisticated posts extolling the virtues of many small caps (very convincingly and at length - and hey, maybe they are spot-on) but there is a bounty to be subsequently reaped from the enthusiastic retail investors inspired to 'get on'. Of course, you don't have to be a manipulator yourself, just able to recognise and act quickly enough to benefit from trading patterns and trends.

Maybe what appears to be 'manipulation' is sometimes just a self-propogating series of trading events.

Everyone who has read HC for a few years will be familiar with the many threads following the pattern so well mocked by Clark Kent, ending of course with "OMG, what just happened?" and subsequent recriminations.

Now, whether or not those observations are the least bit true, it seems to make no difference, because whatever happens will still happen and be 'volatility', irrespective of its cause. Minors do run and retrace.

Of course, external events may all be less material if PRR lists and / or announces future funding next week, but it's a week where further 'delay' might be a bit unsettling.

Of course, we should bear in mind it would still only be a listing 'delay' relative to the 'anticipation' of PRR management, not 'actual' delay.

By the way, I agree that funding would not be interfered with by anything less than another GFC. The 'bio-sphere' is too hot (lol) and PRR too well-positioned.

As previously posted, I think the only meaningful risks to PRR success are external risks - which as others have rightly responded, applies to all companies.

However, I am not invested in other companies, just PRR, and so it seems fair enough to post about how external factors may impact next week...and yes, still holding to benefit from the exciting LT prospects, whatever happens next week.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.