Good morning Warnie.I'm not surprised to read Cook's feedback to...

1. 429 Posts.
    Good morning Warnie.

I'm not surprised to read Cook's feedback to you as he & I have debated the likes of Monfries (& other Bombers) before.

For what it's worth I disagree with him and think that monfries is a better than average player.

He played as a 'tagging' half forward this year on many of the opposition 'quarterback' type players and did a better than 'fair' job on many occasions. I think he still got 25--30 goals but could be wrong on that. My 'knock' on him is that he often has a good start an kicks a couple of early goals but doesn't keep going ALL DAY like the elite players do. He played some exceptional games in the midfield in 2011 but as someone mentioned earlier, wasn't given the chance this year.

As a kid he was apparently a 'ball magnet' who knocked up getting 30+ possessions right through all age groups. This comment is via an Adelaide based mate who's son played in the same side as Gus from under 12's up until he was drafted.

Time will tell of course but I hope you get a pleasent surprise right from the very start of 2013.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.