XJO 0.16% 7,816.8 s&p/asx 200

Sorry - something going on with my data - today was down on...

1. 1,996 Posts.
    Sorry - something going on with my data - today was down on increased volume - so not LOW supply but increased supply.

"Volume and spread analysis is a good tool, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it."

Nor should one hang their hat on a methodology they don't understand.

And if you were reading closely you would have heard us call the price bar at the last low (Oct 4) STRONG. You would also have read us call that price level the BOTTOM of a trading range and read our warnings that shorting too close to the Bottom and even the break of the bottom - premature.

And if you were paying careful enough attention you would have found some of us trading LONG at a few of those bottoms on various stock because the setup came in on the intraday on our market.

If you were paying even closer attention you would have found some of us trading Successfully short on the intraday on what ended up as being UP DAYS on the daily.

So many do in fact hang their hat on this stuff exclusively.

And in VSA we are not shorting every POTENTIALLY WEAK bar (up bar on unusually high or low volume)and buying every POTENTIALLY STRONG bar(Unusually high or low volume DOWN BAR). We look for specific setups and sequences of strength and weakness and we respect the trend paying more attention to our strong bars in an uptrend - especially at the BOTTOM of a channel and paying more attention to our weak bars in a downtrend especially at the TOP of a channel - you will get both in any trend.

At no stage on this current rise did we get a VSA short setup - and out of the whole trading range there was actually probably only 2 or maybe at the most 3 short setups on the daily chart and probably only 1 - I would have taken with great confidence -(triple witching ;)
    On the intraday chart however there were plenty of setups both ways.

Anyway the point is, if you are going to criticize a methodology you should know what you are talking about first or at least listen or read what is being said.
    Volume spread analysis is about volume AND price AND background AND trend channels - or more specifically what is price doing on the activity/volume of the market. So I'm not sure how I am at a disadvantage to someone who just follows price alone?

There's my rant for the day. I should just ignore ignorance.
    But it was getting rather dull in here so we need a good brawl on the footy field.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.