XJO 0.25% 7,699.8 s&p/asx 200

mongombolo's - curious child thursday, page-112

1. 11,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 630
    pieces

My portfolio fell $200k in 3 days back in August. It had held up pretty well up to then. It has recovered since thanks mainly to SLR, although I am only marginally ahead for 2011. Most of this year I have been fighting rear-guard survival actions with shares tanking really badly at times. Unfortunately I sold out of a largish position in one of the stars that fell back but has since recovered - PIR.

I thought you were mainly in the more solid goldies and were doing really well. Am I right in assuming it was not your goldies that have fallen back but some others? The producing mid cap goldies I follow have been holding up pretty well or moving up in the last few weeks.

The issue for me is what to do as we get closer to Christmas and demand for equities falls back across all sectors, including goldies. If there is no progress in Europe soon then the market may not pick up in early next year and just drift sidewise or downwards.

I see no reason for the XJO to be up much next year - just more of the same at best given slower growth in China, problems in India and Europe and the US president and Congress being in continuous election mode with no resolution on their debt.

loki

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.