XJO 0.23% 7,682.0 s&p/asx 200

mongo's top that was, isn't - thursday

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Morning Trendsetters

Are we going higher?

Tiger Moth adventures

Safely back from my aerobatic flight in a pretty yellow Tiger Moth. Bucket list pressy from Honey Dew.

Were you sick of trains? Well here's the first of the Tiger Moth piccies. Note me trying to retain my lunch whilst we transit from 2g's to none.

Disclosure: Position

Nice to have one again.

Held my breath this week, being a bit surprised, we normally rally after I've sold. Still hanging onto my little package.

Ironing boardroom discussions

Wednesday night as you know, or you now do, is ironing night in our household.

I sit back in my favourite chair, a Chesterfield Bishop, lap top, pipe, Southern Comfort and comfy slippers.

Honey Dew is lightly dancing around the board in her Wednesday outfit - a neatly pressed black, with white antique lace - French maids outfit.

We often discuss the economy and tonight is no exception.

'I heard Perth has the tightest rental market in Australia', a light spray on my Disney undies, she continues...'Didn't you say that when they put a capital gains tax on investment properties, the shortage of rentals spiralled?'

I think back on that time in the 80's - and age visibly. Suddenly finding myself homeless, with two very young children. The Cap gains envy tax had just been inflicted upon the economy. Investors bailed out, rents climbed and I was number one hundred and five on the list as a prospective tenant.

More public housing was inefficiently funded.

Mademoiselle Honey Dew continued.

'Didn't Sydney suffer from a rental shortage and skyrocketing rents when that Carr bloke introduced the vendor tax'?

I resist the urge and stay off my soap box so as i can do this damned cranker.

But HD doesn't relent. Slapping another pair of my jocks on the steaming pile, HD finds the childishly simple solution..

'So why do we have all these taxes causing housing shortages.?'

Honey Dew - a passionate blonde by nature - is mad, standing over me, decolletage glistening and breasts heaving...

'Can't they just get off the private sectors back and let supply and demand damned well fix it self'.

Honey Dew is nothing, if not passionate about private sectors.

Which doesn't really bring us to our Trendy of the day, but here we go anyway.

MONGOMBOLO

Disgustingly, still without a heart....but close...favouritise him immediately cranker readers.

Mr & Mrs Mongo (yes, Sonny & Cher in reality)

'The top that was isn't in the USA, and the daily DJIA and monthly DJIA stochastic looks quite good short term.' MONGO

Mong', say hi to Mrs Mongo for me.

Goodluck today XJO'ers. Beware Paddington is on the prowl for over exhuberance. Don't jinx us.

----------------------

Just snippets from yesterday's trendies

'as the US indices are now in new territory...it will pay to be alert......'Sck

'Well Terry Laundry has a confirmed bullish T in place now, calling for a rally for the next 4 months. I tend to agree with him and we'll get upto that GFC top yet. This is no time to go short!' Funky

'well, i'm reluctant to pick a direction, but either way we should test the limits...' Mowibble

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.