General HC rules are in the posting guidelines, and the reason...

1. 17,937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    General HC rules are in the posting guidelines, and the reason the 'lewd' or 'sexy' or especially 'sleazy' pictures were stopped was that because it was a specific Google Requirement for their advertising to be placed, which forms a large part of the HC income.
    We do receive emails from them if their crawling bots have found something on the site that they require removed for it to be considered a family site, and we do comply with them to retain advertising.

As a rule, I can see no need for near naked women to be posted on the site for any reason.
    If they are draped over the bonnet of a car, that is for the car people to advertise.

Let's keep HotCopper above the belt, and realise that we have a very wide audience now, a demographic that covers much of the world, and certainly all genders.
    The fact that our testosterone team like looking at these pictures isn't reason enough to post them.
    Fun spoiling? Maybe, but income protection is at the fore, as well as the integrity of the site in general.

We allow spoilers in clips that contain funny videos as a warning to members not to click them if they may be offended by profanity, so that is the humour forum.
    I haven't seen h00ts BMW spoiler image, but have seen plenty of them in the past! The one above for example doesn't have a good disclosure to not click, and it shouldn't be on the site.
    Maybe it's time to change images to something else that more people enjoy, instead of only a bunch of 'the blokes'

More people appreciate humour than pics of fleshy women, and if not, they need to go to the newsagents instead of HotCopper imo!

I don't want to see camaraderie spoiled, but there are always more ways than one to be friendly on these threads. Plus, you do actually alienate a few of the people, who probably won't complain on the threads, but they don't like it, and would prefer to see higher standards.

So pin away, but please consider all, and no need for some of the content!
    Thanks.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.