"Montgomery Watch", page-38

1. 785 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I'll take that as a no......

And this is getting very tedious, but my concern with RM (which you seem to be ignoring and have not addressed) is that RM sells his books, his software, his funds in his public appearances on the basis of promoting "long term, through the cycle, value investment".

However, his fund does not actually do what he tells/encourages his book buyers, software buyers and general public to do.

The public examples in the short period his fund has been operating of where he has sold out without holding through the cycle are many (including TRS, JBH, MMS, MCE, DCG, ZGL (classic as he sold out when he heard a rumour of possible slowing sales)

Now, it is perfectly understandable and astute why he does this short term, momentum trading - the success of his fund is based on its short term performance, and he can't take the risk of holding stocks that may be marked down in the next reporting season, even if they are long term winners. However, it does not sit well with me, when he uses his high profile public profile to encourage the public to invest in high quality companies to hold for many many years, and his own fund does something completely different. Others may be fine with this contradiction - I am not.

He even sells his very expensive supposedly value investment tool to retail investors (Skaffold) which he acknowledges he does not even have the confidence to use himself, and his own fund uses their own separate tool.
    Last edited by imran khan: 24/12/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
85.5¢
Change
-0.020(2.29%)
Mkt cap ! $287.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
87.5¢ 87.5¢ 85.5¢ $42.92K 49.35K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8707 85.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
90.0¢ 500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.