NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

monthly & weekly chart, page-19

1. 1,867 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    Sargeant, without wanting to trigger the same TA vs FA debate that has occurred on other threads (It's like arguing religion) I'll offer a few thoughts in reply.

Price in my view is the weighted consensus of all the players in the market, whether fundamental, technical, trader or investor, expert or amateur or just guessing. Different stocks behave differently because of this, e.g. more investors vs traders in a stock. Technicals might lead or maybe not. Forge was giving a good techncial long entry just before it went bust, as imo there were lots of traders trading against each other in the volatility. So no fixed rules there.

After many years of investing on fundamentals, I found that was better left to fund managers due to information advantage and the weight of money they have and that for retail investors technical analysis is a far more effective approach, but only if done well.

As for your assessment on NCM, I suggest that getting close to breakout is very different from an actual breakout and hence not a long entry yet. If you look at my monthly chart at the start of this thread, the SP has risen 70% to meet the down trend line over a short period. After such a rise its unlikely to have to momentum to break through and will need a pullback at least.

I agree POG is at reisstance levels but NCM is also technically at a short term top from a number of perspectives.

I expect to be able to further add to my short this week

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.