AMP 0.91% $1.11 amp limited

Was this the article you were referring to? Also below are some...

1. 4,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 527
    Was this the article you were referring to? Also below are some transcripts from and Analyst call in for Ares on 11/2/21. Looks like they already have a JV with Challenger with one of their funds.

upload_2021-3-6_9-39-29.png
    Christopher Harris -- Wells Fargo -- Analyst
    Thanks guys. So on their earnings call last night, as part of their earnings release, AMP mentioned that they're having dialog with Ares about the sale of its asset management business. Can you guys comment on that? And related, are you looking at that entire business or just the alternatives component?

Michael Arougheti -- Co-Founder, Director, Chief Executive Officer and President
    Sure. I can't comment in great detail, but maybe just to take a step back, as it came up on our last earnings call as well. Obviously, we have a very well-developed corporate strategy team that is opportunistically looking for areas of expansion, inorganically and organically, and we react to what the market shows us. So this is a unique situation because obviously AMP Capital has a strong global footprint in the private markets. I think that the comments from AMP accurately reflect where we are, which is that there is no transaction on the table for the entire company and that we are having some constructive dialog with them about transaction structures and partnership opportunities around their asset management business. I think that's all we can say for now, but as soon as we have more to tell folks, we're obviously going to do that.

Adam Beatty -- UBS -- Analyst
    Good afternoon, and thank you for taking my question. Wanted to ask about Australia. You already talked about AMP a little bit, but just to broaden it out, how you're seeing the environment there in terms of both fundraising and deployment? And also maybe an update on the existing JV there. Thank you.

Michael Arougheti -- Co-Founder, Director, Chief Executive Officer and President
    Sure. So, Australia is a good growth market for us, and we've been adding people and capital. On the primary investment side obviously it's a developed market, and so some of the traditional private credit and private equity-oriented strategies that we have are very relevant in the Australia New Zealand market. Some of the earlier questions around our potential acquisition and partnership activity there is probably a good indicator of our views of the opportunity set.
    Our joint venture with Challenger Fidante is doing what we hoped it would. We've launched our first product into the market, early signs are -- it's being well received and we're continuing to work on product development through that joint venture with a fair amount of success. So still early, but cautiously optimistic based on the early returns from the funds that we've put into that joint venture.

https://www.********/earnings/call-...management-corporation-ares-q4-2020-earnings/
    Last edited by Richie2013: 06/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.11
Change
0.010(0.91%)
Mkt cap ! $3.022B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.10 $1.13 $1.10 $11.43M 10.25M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25635 $1.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.12 42710 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.11
  Change
0.010 ( 0.72 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.11 $1.12 $1.10 1531878
Last updated 15.59pm 23/04/2024 ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.