BPT 1.67% $1.48 beach energy limited

Hi Benaud64,My comment was based on understanding Shell was...

1. 259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi Benaud64,

My comment was based on understanding Shell was moving CSG LNG onto the back burner. This was "announced" early August. For example, SMH reported on 4 August Shell CEO as follows:

On Arrow LNG, which faces a battle over drilling coal seam gas wells on some of the most productive agricultural land on Queensland's Darling Downs, Voser reiterated that Shell had decided not to rush the project.
    ''In Arrow, when we heard that, for example one of the suppliers [Bechtel], is the engineering, procurement and construction contractor for all three [projects] and is promising us the fourth 'A team', then we get very suspicious because you normally don't get four A teams; you may get one and then you pay the price for the rest. So we're trying to read all of this and slow down where we have to slow down. Australia is a key component of our growth, but we will not overdo it.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/too-much-too-soon-has-left-lng-industry-overstretched-20120803-23kit.html#ixzz24APTAQmS

Given Shell/ Arrow/PetroChina is, I understand, shortest feedstock suspect they might elect either to sell feedstock or to do deal for toll treatment of gas rather than build another LNG plant. I would suspect tolling is fairly straightforward with CSG as raw gas being methane would be relatively homogenous.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.48
Change
-0.025(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $3.364B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.48 $1.49 $1.47 $10.35M 7.007M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 274032 $1.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.48 1057 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.