CCE 0.00% 5.0¢ carnegie clean energy limited

MoorPower, page-2

1. 9,132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 789
    In CCE fantasy land they seem to believe they will be able to mount one of their PTO units ( that they haven't built or tested in water yet ) on each corner of a barge amongst deepwater fish farms. They seem to believe ( although shareholders have seen nothing in regards to current industry energy use and it's cost of diesel / solar) that it would be ecconomical?? Unless the PTO have massive overcapacity and wave action never goes below a min threshold they will still need batteries ( hmmm great with salt air and water) and for safety genset ( yes scaled down). If they are using electric day tender boats they will also need charging.

Reality the way I see it. If a offshore fish farm want to go green they use solar on land and convert to hydrogen liquid and then transport and run that through generators on barge taking it out each time they change staff shifts. It meets demand that on a barge would have peaks for industrial and residential use. . Next reality is the barge that stores feed , may have accomodation on a mega farm way out to sea and there would quite a demand for power be it for cooking, lighting, sewerage,aircon , heating, pumps etc etc So at this stage I am not aware of megafarms way offshore that simply don't have a mother ship that attends the pens but I see if it is way offshore tahta mother barge is possible. It has to survive the storm and the PTO units could act as stabilizers for the accomodation while providing power for example . I assume with a differnet pen design teh moorings could also be used with PTO but I suspect that won't happen for a number of reasons.

Currently some farms have mounted solar panels on the floating fish farms and I assume some batteries that can run autofeeders nav light and seal siren or whatever. .

So until shareholders see some sort of cost benefit study so they can become informed iof just what scale fish farm it could be viable for it is all just a shiny new thing to put infront of shareholders IMO. The first part has to be the capacity , reliability and ongoing maintainance cost of mooring and PTO unit related to output and ultimatyed lCOE and comparason to solar , diesel. battery. hydrogen solutions. You know the client will run the numbers and decide.

The positives - the PTO units are on barge deck so not underwater thus requiring much less maintainance and wear and tear with simpler everything. The PTO are using pretty known technology apart from the intergration of sensors and software to maximise power output . . Can produce power day or night and pretty predictible in theory.

I'm sure there are other positives and negatives but without a client funding this it will burn $ pretty fast and CCE can't build a unit for a client to test . Mounting a PTO on a vesel woulld work but that is not cheap nor are wavetanks even in partnerships. Yep they need a deep pocketed client or some investors who like teh idea and hopefully are smart enough to makes sure they have a buyer of end product.

By teh way teh correct product name is MooRE $$$ Needed
    Last edited by Teddyward: 28/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.1¢ 5.0¢ $8.045K 160.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 715062 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 21600 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.03pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.1¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.0¢ 5.1¢ 5.0¢ 143236
Last updated 13.48pm 10/05/2024 ?
CCE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.