Morally Superior to Yahweh

1. 1,814 Posts.
    Ways that I am morally superior to Yahweh

The following is a partial list of ways that I, as a mere human with no special powers whatsoever, am morally superior to the character of Yahweh in the Bible.

1. I would not rely on murderers, tyrants, liars and child-rapists to spread my message to others. I would do it myself, to each individual.

2. I would not punish future generations for the wrong-doings of their ancestors.

3. I would not punish animals for the wrong-doings of humans.

4. I would not require you to worship me to receive my help.

5. When I see a person or animal suffering, for example, a woman getting raped in an alley or a baby elephant stuck in a well, and had the power to intervene without risk of harm to myself, I would do so. I would not make any excuses about "mysterious ways" to justify my non-action.

6. I would not create life that must inflict suffering on other life, such as a lion that must brutally kill a gazelle, in order to survive.

7. I would not order or allow genocide.

8. I would never require anybody to sacrifice an animal for me. I do not get off on blood.

9. I would not order people executed for disobedience or other minor "crimes".

10. I would not create children with birth defects or learning disabilities. I'd start everyone off with a level playing field.

11. I would not abort babies from inside women who want them.

12. I would not condone or allow war and suffering in my name.

13. I would not create disease and viruses that horribly and painfully affect people and animals, then watch them suffer.

If I did any of the above things, most people would consider me to be quite an evil bastard. Many would even call for my torture and execution. So why would you worship and call "all-good" a being which you believe has done these things? In addition, why would you allow it to define what "good" is?

To the readers, feel free to add a comment to tell me how you are morally superior to Yahweh, or whatever the majority deity is in your part of the world.​

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.