More bovine excrement from their ABC, page-129

1. 18,067 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    when I first started posting on hotcopper in the last few years i (and probably others ) thought I might be more left wing than the other. But I am really a little sure now. I still can’t identify with some of the more extreme views either way but those who regularly use the rwnj term as a way of dismissing views have made me realise there is no way I can identify with them

I may be on the tolerant side but my view is that these others think they are tolerant but there is a pathetic dark side to it - they are tolerant to those they regard as victims or disadvantaged but if you disagree with them, call them out or believe individual rights cancel out community obligation they easily get offended.

Abusive terminology of language is not far from their tongues and some of them use it with an ease that suggests simmering internal anger

there views are much more black and white than they seem to realise. They divide people up into deserving or undeserving. Some like to label others as stupid, smart, mentally deficient or unwell, morally deficient or whatever other term they think appropriate to belittle others

what they do not realise is where they are stuck themselves.

I spent today at the local high school on a large multi layered community project and saw the results of a permissive approach to parenting that teachers are dealing with. There were some extraordinary kids in the class who are dealing with narcissistic parents of poor parenting practices who have been taught to label themselves as disabled. There were kids in the class who cried for fear of failure. The teacher is amazing but how can she work with this overly tolerant society where kids don’t get the guidance they need. .

in my view this is where a tolerant society has led us. And it can only get worse.

and
    by the end of the day we had managed to produce something that the kids themselves might not have thought they could do. that’s about standards, boundaries, boundaries thinking of impact on others and allowing creativity within constraints Tolerance without boundaries and commitment to shared outcomes is absolutely pointless

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.