@bananaBender. Just take a wee peek back at what started this...

1. 18,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    @bananaBender. Just take a wee peek back at what started this exchange. I reflected on my own feeling that I couldn’t identify with some of the views of those who categorise themselves as other than right wing nut jobs. I’ve also previously indicated that I think that as I get older I am more conservative. I’ve regular expressed views about over tolerance and challenges between individual rights and community

it was you who chose to respond to me as you did. And you that chose to assume who I was talking about. I gave the example of objectifying to point out how I find YOUR posts wrong - plain wrong. In the thread about domestic violence you took a stand against DV but when I mentioned objectification which has clear links with abusive behaviour and which is a behaviour that feminists for a start abhor you chose to defend it.

now you are triangulating with your little friend. My sense of self has nothing to do with what he or you think of me. I am way past that and derive my sense of self from many other sources.

i didn’t stop being cluey and articulate either. It’s just I’m currently expressing views you don’t like. as to “why don’t I use the ignore button?” I’ll do what I choose to do. Not what you think is best for you or me.

. I suspect at the heart of your reaction, if you could look at yourself dispassionately, is that I have pointed out that you are no better than those you criticise. In other words you are having an emotional reaction.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.