what a waste of an amazing experience by personal bickering...

1. 80,948 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    what a waste of an amazing experience by personal bickering

between the two of us - we were live on the ground at either end of the greatest peacetime evacuation in the nations history -

if we, between us cannot impart some knowledge and lessons to our fellow members on here then, something is wrong.

Would you agree with this ------------- that Darwin, whilst it was a massive nation tragedy

the Darwin event would be surpassed massively in scale to if a Cat 4 or god forbid Cat 5 cyclone crossed the coast somewhere between Brisbane (direct hit) and Gold Coast (direct hit)?

Because between the two of us - we know what happens - we know the damage, we know what is required for immediate reaction and forward planning for the evacuees ****

there are so many details that both you and I know, but that most people would never have thought of.

So - why don't we begin from there - and see if we can get some kind of idea going to people of the situation how it was and the situation that is right now in Oz?

I don't pretend to know all of it ------ I know the medical side, I heard stories about other parts of the story - like catering etc - but, each part of the story learned lessons of great value

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.