I’d have expected his response about me - he’s making up stuff...

1. 17,105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I’d have expected his response about me - he’s making up stuff as usual because it’s easier than facing facts. I could write more but no need. What he writes on hotcopper threads in general is a pretty accurate reflection of the man. As to me - it’s amusing and I know exactly how my friends and former neighbours would react.

i guess now though what he writes about his role in Darwin seems far more circumscribed then the original proposition (embedded in a description of what someone else did)- but even now does not reflect the facts on the ground on Darwin itself or how the evacuation was managed and who by. (Well at least not in the endless reports, reviews, personal stories etc)

There are many holes that could be picked in the explanation if one cared to / but you’d know that as well. I think it probably shows the extent to which a 22/23 year old not on the ground initially saw themselves vs the facts. Maybe not much has changed

to hang one’s hat in terms of understanding cyclones or Darwin or even as a claim to fame in life is strange - after all this time.

- your own experience must have been gruelling and shocking. I cannot even imagine the impact it had on people

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.