More bovine excrement from their ABC, page-87

1. 81,468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    well, the last call thing was what I remember being told - but, either way

Gino was real, he received orders and we acted on them - that simple

now ---------- let's get real -

''btw I fully agree with you on the effects of a cat 4 on the Gold Coast.''

good - we agree - because I tell you what - there is a LOT of ignorance and denial going around as to the situation we are in right now - and I believe that both you and I can have valuable input to dispel that ignorance -

I'll give you just a small example -------------

numbers, who lives on the GC on a canal - we had a discussion yesterday - and I asked him where he expected to accommodate IF a major cyclone crossed the coast near him and made his house uninhabitable

now he did come back with what was his plan -

and his plan was to move into his caravan.

Now - both you and I know what the reality would be if a Cat 4 or 5 crossed the coast and destroyed or damaged badly a residence -

and on the driveway of that residence sits a caravan -

numbers seems to thoughtlessly think that he can move into the caravan -

you and I both know that the caravan will probably be scattered over many hundreds of metres - possibly even a suburb away - in 10,000 bits

and we know that the reality is that there will be 10's minimum, possibly hundreds of thousands of people needing emergency accommodation -
    roads will be totally blocked, no power, no water, no shelter

Darwin wasn't prepared for Cyclone Tracy - but, in Oz there was accommodation available -

Presently - Australia is guts up in a housing crisis ------- many people seem totally ignorant that if we have a major natural disaster atm -------- and we need to evacuate hundreds of thousands of people

there's a problem -------------- and the problem is ---------------------- where to?

this is not 1975

your thoughts would be appreciated

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.