arrh, so you've been listening to the mental stalker -- always...

1. 81,363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    arrh, so you've been listening to the mental stalker -- always interesting to here where they magically pop up ---------- apparently only on threads that interest them

now - from what you said - it sounds like you were in Darwin and you say that you got R&R in March - well, I flew in, in March.
    I was on duty over xmas in another state and I'm not sure if I was guard commander on xmas eve that year or not - I was one year ---- but, for Tracy which was on xmas day - I began arranging the medical side of the preparation for the evacuees

a close friend was guard commander at the time when Stretton rang - it was as far as I know the last call out of Darwin and Stretton authorised my mate - 'partially - to prepare for (can't recall exactly the number of refugees) - the call was cut off before the end - but, enough order given for my mate to let all the dogs off -
    His name was Gino - and it was he who ordered me to set up the medical side, I was the only one on duty in that part of the deal because all of our other blokes were on leave. I used to like working xmas and new year because my theory was that it should be quiet - it rarely was. I can't recall where I was when Gino spoke to me - I 'think' it might have been in an RAP - as opposed to the medical centre - but, I'm hazy on that - everything before that order became pretty irrelevant as to the task on hand then - which included setting up for babies and kids - which was way out of my and our 'normal'. (thank heavens for mother in law's - whose advice was taken on supplies for babies).
    It was Gino who got on the phone to many CEO's in Australia and got factories opened, staff called in off leave etc. -- I remember he got the CEO of Hills and Hills opened their factory - because we needed playground equipment - LOTS of playground equipment for ??? kids all over the place - not quite our normal thing.

So, if you were in Darwin - then, I was one of them at the other end.

I would not doubt your story - so, I've no idea why you would doubt mine. But, there you go ---------

I'd be careful of listening to people who get regular treatment for mental conditions and lie regularly if I were you. They don't know a lot and they make a LOT of stuff up.
    Last edited by pintohoo: 22/03/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.