well, YOU live there ------------ and, you're asking me what the...

1. 81,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    well,

YOU live there ------------ and, you're asking me

what the hell does that say about you? ----------ignorance personified.

Now if you look at much of what I've written about disaster planning - you'll notice that I've said there's an immediate stage and the stage after the immediate emergency

the stage after is what more concerns me ------- because if you look into natural disasters and evacuation centres and the like - what you find are the use of words like

'temporary'
    'immediate'
    'emergency shelter'
    'evacuation centres' ---------

if they are set up and enough - that's one issue ----------- but, what comes after - that is a vastly different issue ------------ now, off you go and find some kiddies to talk you through the situation that Oz is in now --------

the situation is that Oz is in a diabolical state to rebuild and to house people after the initial stage of a large natural catastrophe ---------- not that the immediate task would be easy - I expect that a Cat 4 or 5 direct hit on the east coast SEQ would be a national catastrophe from first minute on - and it would go on for years

''These inquiries recognise that Australia is experiencing more frequent and intense natural hazards. The handbook also recognises that recent disasters have exhibited complexity never seen or experienced before, with concurrent events such as fire, pandemic and flood causing compounding impacts on communities and the Australian landscape. These events highlight the need for an adaptive, flexible and inclusive approach to evacuation planning.

https://www.aidr.org.au/media/10352/handbook_evacuation_planning_aidr.pdf

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.