ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

G'day Jake. My suggestion re ICN/BOW was just that, a thought. I...

1. 21,322 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2079
    G'day Jake. My suggestion re ICN/BOW was just that, a thought. I realize that it would be a pipe dream but it is a very interesting thought IF either party was interested.
    But, I go back to the comments made by BPT that "the sale and development (of the Nappamerri trough) is going to be quite huge (understatement). Our (BPT's and ICN's) preference is to find a partner with experience and the understanding of how to move to full scale delivery."

That suggest to me that neither side considers itself capable of developing the shale in 218 and 855 and that they must both be looking at someone, very probably someone that is already developing shale gas and that is also probably one of the gorillas now in Texas, Louisiana or Canada.
    I still have this "feeling" that these two companies are not natural bed fellows and that there is no love lost between them. Why did BPT just walk out on ICN when they said no to an 855 deal and just take them straight to Court? Only "enemies" go straight to Court with not even one word of conciliation. Think about that, I can't ignore that "relationship" and trying to see them working amicably together for 20 or 30 years on 218 and 855.
    Frankly, if I was in ICN's position I would be trying everything in my power to regain the upper hand in 855, but, BPT has anticipated that and made the first move by sucking ADE into their very one sided "deal." Talk about selling your soul to the devil.
    No, until I see some conciliatry outcomes between BPT and ICN I will continue to believe that theirs is a hostile relationship that is destined to some sort of "divorce."
    I'm sure that both sides see the immense potential in 855 and it will be most interesting to see how both managements move from now on.
    I keep repeating that ICN has no alternatives but to either attract one of those gorillas in its own right or start drilling 218 and 855 to exploit the CSG in both leases to prove that they have the capacity to be the operator of a large project. At the moment all they have is a piece of paper to wave around which is only worthwhile if they can match it with reserves of required quantities of gas.
    The fact that RJ addressed the recent Queensland Gas Conference on the subject of how to monetise un-commecial gas reserves would suggest to me that he does have the wherewithall to deliver on the GSA, but, wouldn't it be nice for him to tell us what he is up to? I am watching this space very closely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.