is that right. I’m not confused however you have no evidence...

1. 17,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325

is that right. I’m not confused however

you have no evidence that it was right wing extremists
    all that video did was provide heresay

. I think one might be just as concerned about the number of police, their apparel and their support vehicles. Health matter or not it horrifies me / and did so at the time

what that video showed was, in my view, a complete overreaction. Police in combat gear. Armed. En masse.
    my view is always that if there is unrest (and it doesn’t matter whether it is an organisation or in society more generally you cannot and should not bully people into compliance. You should seek to understand what is causing that unrest - and address those. When you treat mistrust or disturbance with the threat of violence or actual violence you always create other problems and you break trust further

that is a separate matter to the treatment of the shrine
    whether people urinated, protested or defaced the shrine there should have been no need for that type of police presence. The shrine may have a particular meaning but it makes no sense to me to show more reverence to the memory of war and those who fought for freedom than those who live today and are meant to be able to enjoy that freedom. but no matter - shrine or no shrine that police presence was overwhelming at the time

ordinary people trying to do the right thing were also treated as if they were criminals when placed in quarantine.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.