ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

more good news and its down we go, page-16

1. 16,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 399
    edgardig

I'm happy also to hear your opinion! I probably didn't mean to be categorical that it would be year end before the sp runs ... didn't mean it to be a declaration. In fact most of us on this thread myself included generally do not try to forecast the share price or when news will happen. Its ESG that has stated repeatedly that reserves will be upgraded by year end .. not me.

OK ... let's look at the scenario that you bought at the high last year of $0.93 ... and now its $1.03. If you held through all of that time (including the crash) then you have 12% more money than a year ago ... whereas many stocks crashed and have not recovered at all! And although many have and the market is up 40% in the last months .. it is still down 30% from its peak of 6800. People have simply recovered 40% of what they lost if they held all the way down!

Back in 2007 when the markets first got rocky I looked around for a stock that had not yet "had its run", was perhaps undervalued on its potential and had good growth prospects and was in a sector that was likley to grow strongly (energy) .. and bought ESG at 26 cents. It has been good for me since then .. that's MY timeframe.

Those of us on the ESG thread who are commenting on ESG with this long-term perspective (and having already benefited from two runs from a low base to aroud $1.00) can't really be expected to look objectively at only what ESG has done in the last few months and judge its suitability as an investment on that basis alone.

You are of course correct in reassessing YOUR investment decisions on an ongoing basis and making decisions accordingly. But how do you decide though what the share price will do going forward?? The reality is we can never know that for sure .. so really the only factor in your decision will be "do I think I can make more money elsewhere in the short-term" .. not whether ESG is likley to go up in the future.

Here endeth the lecture .. apologies!

H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.