AGI 0.81% 92.3¢ ainsworth game technology limited

More Headwinds for AGI?, page-6

1. 776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    If NSW does actually move to a gambling card then this will undoubtedly have a serious impact on gaming revenue, but I think this impact will come not so much from curtailing the gambling spend of problem gamblers but instead the impact will come from those using pokies to launder cash. There is so much money being laundered through pokies it's not funny and it is not just drug money being laundered but cash from a lot of legitimate businesses.

That being said, I do ask the question whether Dominello is genuinely serious about this gambling card because his draft bill is completely silent on it. If he was serious then why not include it in the draft bill? Here's a link to the draft bill--check it out for yourself. https://www.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-10/draft-gaming-machines-amendment-gambling-harm-minimisation-bill-2020.pdf

Without any reference to the gambling card in the draft bill I think this is just more hot air from another mediocre politician and are really doubtful this will have any negative impact in the short term on pokie machine revenues.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.3¢
Change
-0.008(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $310.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 93.0¢ 89.0¢ $931 1.005K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2008 89.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 321 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.