CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

more high grade cu found, page-79

1. roh
    4,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Bermuda,

A friend and I were discussing the share market in general the other day and he proffered that it was easy to buy but difficult when making the decision on the best time to sell.

There are many factors in the selling process and you have demonstrated one by offloading part only of your large holding as your investment has turned red, rather than completely folding.

The market can be a cruel one and a deceptive one at that. In the past, before computer trading, buys and sells were disclosed. Now we do not know the true position either of demand or supply. It is hidden from us. Occasionally we get a glimpse of what is actually happening behind the scenes when a large buying order momentarily appears. OOPS that wasn't meant to happen.

Throw in the shorting and I find it extremely difficult to establish what actually is going on with the share price.

The people who lend the shares for shorting could not care less whether the price tanks. If they were, they would not lend their shares knowing that there would be downward pressure on the share price and that their investment would suffer. No these are big holders of shares with a long term investment strategy of holding at the same time enjoying the benefit of interest on shares lent.

Shorting gives them an unfair advantage over the likes of you and me. It can trigger an avalagance of forced selling which engulfed Max when it swept passed his margin loan position and those taking advantage of Max and others have no conscience for the harm it did. They made money. That is all that mattered.

Buddy posted [ from memory] that there are currently some 2.8 million CDU shares shorted. Methinks it is not the mum and dad investors exiting throwing 25 /50 thousand shares into the market.

Shorting distorts the market by releasing shares for sale which would not normally be sold.

You refer to the fact that the big three would like to secure more shares at lower prices than they have currently paid for them, This is understandable as they are no different to you or me but that very fact establishes their commitment to and faith in the long term viability of Rocklands.

As for the issuance of shares to staff,this can be a good incentive to retain personel as the shares are held by the company in escrow until paid out over time through dividends. Partly paid out shares are not marketable.

At the outset, I said in effect selling was the most difficult decision to make. You have made yours for certain reasons and others will make theirs for others; the main thing is to be accepting of the outcome because it can be only one of two things---right or wrong --and once made there is no going back.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.