I agree with you Billybongo that noone should be unjustifiably...

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I agree with you Billybongo that noone should be unjustifiably shafted. Putting political prejudices aside the situation with all political parties is that there is often a reluctance for those who have been their a long time to move on and allow regeneration. It happens with both laliberal and labor. It doesnt necessarily mean that the members who were there a long time have not served their electorates well, but there comes a time where a member can go stale due to longevity and a change becomes necessary. It is always best to achieve that outcome in a dignified way but sometimes the member simply wont cooperate and the hard decision has to be made. Some of the lib members and lab members fall in that category but in the case of the libs there are probably more who may have contributed very well while in government but have little real interest now in Opposition. This particularly applies to some former Ministers. Downer could not handle being in Opposition and to his credit went. Anyway they are just my thoughts on the matter.

cheers
    eagle

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.