LYC 1.14% $6.22 lynas rare earths limited

More local support for Lynas

1. GTS
    109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    More local support for Lynas and exposing of alleged misrepresentation by SMSL and Wong Tack, reported in the Malaysian media (The Star online).

The good news is turning into a wave. More reasons for these fools to do the honourable thing.....which I bet they won't.
    The stars are aligning for a positive decision next week.

Village chief lodges police report against anti-Lynas activist and Bentong MPNATIONFriday, 09 Aug 20197:09 PM MYTBy ONG HAN SEANimage: https://apicms.thestar.com.my/uploads/images/2019/08/09/203851.jpgKUANTAN: A village chief has lodged a police report against Save Malaysia, Stop Lynas (SMSL) chairman Tan Bun Teet and Bentong MP Wong Tack for allegedly misrepresenting villagers.Kampung Balok chief Mansor Mokhtar said Tan had lodged a police report in June without consulting the villagers first."Tan linked the water contamination with Lynas and stated that residents in Kuantan and around Balok are worried about the executive review committee's comments on Lynas."He indirectly represented us when we have already stated our stand that we will only trust experts and these experts have found Lynas to be safe, " said Mansor at the Beserah police station here on Friday (Aug 9).He said Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change Ministry deputy secretary-general K. Nagulendra had also confirmed that Lynas was not the source of the contamination."This was strengthened by Water, Land and Natural Resources Minister Dr Xavier Jayakumar who said that there's no contamination around Lynas."Therefore, not only is Tan's report not right, but involving us is also wrong, " said Mansor.He added that Wong had never met with villagers and asked for their opinion first before saying that it was the aspiration of the Pahang people, especially Kuantan residents to reject Lynas."He cannot simply issue a statement as though he's representing us Kuantan residents, " Mansor said.He said the statements by the two individuals were not honest as the community closest to the Gebeng industrial area had never appointed them as spokespersons.He said the anti-Lynas activists also claimed to have the support of 80 to 90 NGOs when villagers were not even sure about the authenticity of the registration of these organisations."According to the list, there are NGOs from as far as Miri, Sarawak. We hope the police can investigate this matter as it is really suspicious."We want these lies to stop. We do not want to be their tool to deceive people who do not live here, " said Mansor.Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/09/village-chief-lodges-police-report-against-anti-lynas-activist-and-bentong-mp#ow6IZOgI7RskScdT.99

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.