ASB 0.00% $2.44 austal limited

See the Weekend Australian today, page 35, the * column,...

1. 3,555 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 334
    See the Weekend Australian today, page 35, the * column, the heading is, 'Companies get urge to merge'. They list several takeover/merger possibles beginning with Old Mate.

There are two head winds, at least, being poor probable earnings reports coming up and pending litigation fall out. OK, and the possibility of further poor contract terms coming to roost.

The tail winds are MV less than EV- though that can be a red flag for poor performance. And, the possibility of a buyout or merger.

I have continued to take available profits- but with an eye to the takeover possibility I do not linger over much when buying back in.

The last few times I bought back in- I bought half the shares at higher than my target and took advantage of further pull backs to get the rest. Research shows that retail investors more often than not wait too long to buy back in.

Anyway, now putting the takeover/merger thread back on top. If the SP goes up from here that will be good, if the SP goes down next that would be good too.

IMHO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.44
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $884.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.44 $2.45 $2.41 $843.1K 346.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 716 $2.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.44 8361 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.