I don't think the comparison between the TV's impact on the...

1. 2,499 Posts.
    I don't think the comparison between the TV's impact on the radio and the internet's impact on newspapers is entirely valid. Think of it as more like, the colour TV's impact on the black and white, and the Plasma/LCD's impact on the colour TV's. Just as the colour and plasma tv's were improvements over the original, news via the internet is an improvement via news via the morning paper. There's no compromise on quality of information, yet it is not only more timely (good news sites like The Australian are almost always updated within the hour of a major news event happening) but more convenient to access as well.

Reading news on the internet doesn't have to be too different to reading a newspaper. I have small laptop the size of a paperback book, (gotta love these new netbooks!) which I can easily carry to the verandah and read all the stories which interest me, all while sitting relaxed against a nice comfy chair. Ah the beauty of wireless!

I think in time even books will come under threat. Google "Kindle" to see what I mean.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.