MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

More news from Lawyers

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    Well as I said I would keep you informed on news as they come along.

I couldn't say this yesterday as I was driving down to Sydney but here we go this morning from my hotel room.

What I was told, seeing that it would cost about $20k dollars to get a Court injunction to try and stop the meeting from going ahead without being 100% sure that we would get the nod from the Court, their suggestion was that we should go ahead with the meeting and see what the result would be.

We won't know until after the head count has been done if the "YES" or the "NO" vote will get up, so we are still in with a chance. He asked me to spread the word around to make sure that as many as possible of the shareholders will vote "NO" because, even if the Board said that they hold 18% of the YES vote, there are still 82% that could vote against it. AND THAT IS WHAT WILL COUNT.

It is imperative that as many as possible of the shareholders will vote, and not just sitting on the sideline waiting to see what will happen.

As they say, the only correct count of the success in hatching chickens is only when the hatching has been completed. NOT BEFORE!!

He said to me that, even if we are to loose, then we still have a chance of taking the whole issue to Court and explain to the Judge as to why this transaction/sale, or whatever you want to call it, should be allowed to proceed. As such we wouldn't have to trump $20k dollars up front. The lawyer said to me that we might have a strong case to support our argument.

On top of that, there is still the possibility to start a class action against the Board if he finds that some of the releases/announcements made in the past by the Board and Management, could have been misleading. He assured me that he will be seriously looking into this if and when required. Thus far, he thinks that there would be one.

I will let you know if I hear anymore.

Is there a contact for me to get in touch with someone within the group.??

In the meantime, for the group that has started to "NO" vote, keep up the good work.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.987M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 103000 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 5019540 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.