SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

more news, page-31

1. 8,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Hi (angor532)

I understand your frustration with not knowing what is happening.
    I think it is about reading between the lines when they announce something.
    Talking with Glencore,Severstal and Core Mining about use of infrastructure and sharing funding of infrastructure.
    Core Mining will not get into production by 2015 if they wait for rail and port to be built in Gabon.
    They would be lucky to be exporting iron ore by 2017 from Avima if they rely on Gabon infrastructure to be built.
    It is a case of talking with others with out releasing confidential information that would jeopardise any funding,off-take agreements or J/V deals.

With Glencore looking to get further involved in iron ore,they will no doubt be selling a lot of their iron ore to China.They will not achieve that by standing by and letting the Chinese be self sufficient from their own projects and J/V projects.

As in all forms of business dealings you do not show your cards to competitors.That goes especially for the big players in the market.
    Sundance will not get the confidence of large organisations by releasing information that will tell their (large organisations) competitors what is going on.

Have you noticed how inside leaks have dried up compared to 12 months ago?Very important no leaks at this very important stage of negotiations with future partners.

I still believe that Hanlong are only there to help get the convention and mining permits.
    It is in Hanlongs interest that the projects go ahead,regardless as to whether they take over SDL (will not happen in my opinion)hold on to their share holding,sell a portion of their share holding and make a profit or sell out completely.

Because other companies that are not Chinese have looked at SDL,but have not made any offer does not mean they are not interested.They could be just waiting for convention and mining permits before making a move.Letting the Chinese feel they have it all stitched up with getting SDL and infrastructure.

Regards
    Westcott.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.