A40 0.00% 8.2¢ alita resources limited

More of the same or....., page-3

1. 6,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    Sector sentiment will almost always take preference over individual performance. Especially such a small sector. To say the last 12 months has been dismal is an understatement.
    The company has done imo ok if you take the SP out of it.

We have been producing for approx 9 months now and according to reports we are just about hitting nameplate. Thats if we can maintain current rates which history has proven questionable. The uptick in performance onsite has coincided with Mark Turner being given his role. Whether thats related or not im not sure.

We are being told ore through the plant is ~30% above nameplate so where is that 30% in production? I think a mixture of utilisation rate not being at 85%, seems to have been quite a few issues last Q and feed grades still low, will cover a lot of that missing 30%. Interesting to see the figures tomorrow for both of these if they are included.

The merger has been a thorn in our sides, I didn't think it would be such a drag.

I think they have done well on cash management, again interested to see the state of affairs here. I was looking forward to Q1 when we were expected to hit better grades, better production but with prices dropping and now unallocated supply it doesnt have as much of a positive tinge to it, I don't think $600 p/t prices are out of the question in 1H19 or over CY19 before it gets better, we have a floor at $680 p/t but we had a floor before at $880 p/t so it seemingly means little.

Communication/details has been fairly good with holders, it can always be better but I think us and PLS do well in this regard whereas GXY and AJM do poorly.

On the up side;

We have the benefit of diversifying our partners which was always crucial to derisk the project,
    We should be at the bottom end of production from here with only 22.5kt last quarter is fairly dismal,
    We should have flexibility to add debt if required to see out this downturn over the next 6 -18 months,
    We should be at peak of costs of production last Q, if we cant start lowering it from Q1 its poor result,

There is probably others but thats for me the main ones right now.
    Will prices (lihtium/SP) keep going down, they can always go down more, your guess is as good as mine if that will happen or not

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A40 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.