MEL 0.00% 0.4¢ metgasco ltd

DJ's letter to the State Govt in April 2013, was about the same...

1. 629 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    DJ's letter to the State Govt in April 2013, was about the same time Mel suspended all operations, to conserve cash, because the NSW Govt kept shifting the goal posts.

From letter:

I am the former managing director of Metgasco, a company formed by geoscientists to investigate the unconventional hydrocarbon potential of the NSW portion of the Clarence Moreton Basin. I have 16 years technical experience specifically in this area most of which was focussed on the Clarence Morton Basin.

Although, there were many CSG issues, he wanted to comment on, he wanted to focus on the public discussion concerning acquifers and the effect of CSG activities. Eg most of the general community is unaware that almost all conventional oil and gas produced in Australia to date has occurred as a consequence of migration thru or along acquifers.

"It is clear that there is a gap in the nature of knowledge or comprehension in what an acquifer is."

As a previous poster said, that is how the activists got the farmers and community on side, by saying the water aquifers would by damaged. That was the sticking point.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.