Like anything, multiculturalism is a good thing.. but only IN...

1. 29 Posts.
    Like anything, multiculturalism is a good thing.. but only IN DOSES.

I am all for Multiculturalism given that those moving to Australia appreciate the opportunity, and attempt to fit into the Australian culture.

THOUGH the problem with this is 'what is Australia's Culture'? I think we have LOST it!

For starters how about these 2 things:

We are an English speaking country, so firstly know how to speak it, and secondly speak it in public!

Religion: In principle we are Christian based country. I have nothing wrong with other religions being practiced, but they should not have the power to influence with what the majority believe. For example Christmas is a holiday!

As far as I can see where we truly stand is with a multicultural policy; But one which is actually an attempted compensation for the lack of our own culture. And it seems like we are heading into a spiral where we are not actually thinking about the consequences of conflicting cultures.

This I do see as a problem.

P.s. I do not mean to offend or, say that any one type of person is better than another. By all means I beleive that all cultures should practice there own cultures, and share their traditional foods, but at the same time this must be while fitting into the fundamental beliefs of being AUSTRALIAN

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.