Another one of the big problems with housing in Mandurah is that...

1. 10,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Another one of the big problems with housing in Mandurah is that the development that came after Gillard's bf's involvement with the Dawesville cut was that housing was built on smaller than average blocks to maximise profit. I picked up mine for $52k in 2001 and I recall it was less than 500 sqm and the house I wanted to build was initially rejected by the Council because it took up 350sqm, but it got through eventually. What this caused is that you can hear your neighbours stirring their cups of tea and u have little privacy. My neighbours washing line was so close to our boundary that their washing often hung over our side of the fence. Hence many domestic issues between bogans. In my estate at Halls Head one of the bogans up the road sprayed his next door neighbours front lawn with round up spelling out F... Off. Needless to say many police visits and ultimately many house sales. Much happier when I sold up and went back to South Perth, better housing and more cultured people. Could also take the kids out for a pub meal without worrying if a 'toppo' was behind the bar.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.