1. 28,429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250

”He outed himself as the alleged perpetrator of rape-no-one else other than insiders had any clues from the ABC reports”.

?
    Yes, you could say that.

You could just as easily have said “Porter stood up and acknowledged that the speculation in the media about a current Liberal politician being accused of a historical rape allegation from 1988 was him”.

Perhaps he does love a few shandies and considers himself a ladies man?
    I think I’ve heard it said in the media but I don’t know the bloke personally so I’ll take that opinion with a grain of salt.

As to your opinion on Porter being a smart person and a lawyer, I’ll agree with that.
    Both of those things would be the reason why the Liberal Party had him on their team.

As to proof of him being a smart person and a professional politician, well when the media had the story of an unnamed liberal politician being involved in this allegation on high rotation with the ambiguity effecting the whole Party he stood up.
    That’s what I would expect from any politician, sure he took a few days before he made his statement but considering the gravity of the accusations that seemed fair enough.

His statement regarding the accusations were clear and precise, he was innocent and he would take legal proceedings against those who sought to defame him.

The police investigated the allegations and the results may not have been to everyone’s liking but proper procedures were followed.

Now look at how Honest Dan has handled his situation so far and tell me how you can honestly suggest that he has handled his situation in a professional manner.

I’m not talking about the alleged misconduct as it hasn’t even been investigated but about the fact that he hasn’t sought to take action against those who have defamed his name.

A honest person would be on the front foot and trying to gain satisfaction from slanderous scuttle butt like this.

Perhaps I’m missing something?
    Or perhaps he will get the all clear from his Doc tomorrow and we will see him actually have a dip and at trying to clear his good name?
    Perhaps next month?
    Last edited by zipperlip: 12/06/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.