CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

more on native copper

1. 322 Posts.
    There stills seems some confusion as to the status of Native Copper (NCu) in the current CDU JORC, apart from the text of page 9/16 which clearly indicates that nuggets of a size >2mm have been removed I will like to offer more supporting evidence.

The announcement title Amended: Las Minerale Drilling Update date 29/01/2007 included some very interesting information. In order to identify the difference between grades that occurred CDU had the same samples assayed using two different methods, the first method which I believe has been used for all previous and subsequent assays, excluded NCu nuggets >2mm, the second method (Differential Bulk Density) included all Native copper
    A side-by-side comparison follows

Drill hole DORC 87

Depth.....Excluding >2mm%....Including all NCu%

48-49...........8.89........................30.30
    49-50...........3.50........................31.50
    50-51...........4.68........................22.00
    52-53...........4.50........................23.00
    70-71...........7.64........................45.60

Average%.....5.842......................30.48

The first thing to note is that the assay method currently used by JORC has reported less than 20% of the actual copper in the sample.
    However, very importantly, we should look at the grades of these samples where the NCu has been included, they are all over 20%!
    Now if the NCu really had been included in the JORC assays we would imagine that those published assays of the Bonanza zone area would include many instances of grades in excess of 20%, I have been through as many published assay results as I can find and I can find very few examples of these grades. Now why do we think that is ?
    Im sure the bashers will say that this hole is the only one in the whole Bonanza zone that has these grades and thus has been cherry picked but Ill leave it up to each individual to draw the conclusions they wish. I think its likely the upcoming Bulk Test results will report copper greater than 5% and probably much higher, the reason for this is that the Bonanza zone is just what it says it is.
    Subject to any new discoveries the rest of Rocklands appears to be medium to low level grades, the mining of the Bonanza zone will easily finance a bigger plant to profitably process these lower grades and hand back significant dividends to the shareholders for many years to come.
    Please take the time to read the announcement from 29/01/2007 its an eye opener.
    PJ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.