More police shot, page-12

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    I agree they have a problem, and despite being a gun owner, I'm glad that here in OZ, handguns are rather restricted, due to our Yobbo culture. Imagine the gunfights outside pubs/nightclubs after closing. Instead, we have one-punch deaths and senseless assaults...... but imagine if those guys were armed. Holy Shiite!

But disarming the US would result in civil war, we know that, dont we? Cant think of an answer.

One more afterthought from me: I used to follow the US trend way back, and the largest amount of gun crime was in states where handguns were prohibited, such as New York, from memory. Only crims had them.
    In areas where almost total gun ownership existed, and where TOTAL gun ownership was insisted on by law, crime fell to almost zero. To indirectly quote Paul Hogan, it was a case of "Thats not a gun.....THIS is a gun".
    In fact ( and I've posted this before) a couple we knew were saved from a mugging by thugs while on hols over there. A passer-by drew his gun, racked the slide, and the thugs quickly moved on.
    Yes, statistics can add to the confusion.

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.