More racism and intimidation from yes voters., page-56

1. 550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    So then your decision to vote no wasn't based on bullying at all but the comments re social engineering and family dynamics as described.

I did assume as much. My personal opinion is that people who suggest they voted no only because of the 'bullying of the yes side" are just tying to offer a 'socially acceptable ' way of doing so. This being because a no vote had become so generally associated with nascent bigotry etc. I don't personally think this undercurrent of association is fair and i also don't think it is the official position of the yes camp.

As for what people are voting on it is pretty clear on the ballot despite the NO side's policy of conflating the vote with all manner of loosely or unrelated issues (political correctness, transgender issues etc). It is an opinion survey. The government would then either act or not act to bring forth legislation to rejects the opinions of the people. Tying it to religious minority rights etc is disingenuous because any legislation brought forward based on the popular opinion survey would deal with these issues at the appropriate time.
    Last edited by Jezzamus: 29/09/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.