AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

I believe taxing the banks has not been thought about...

1. 63 Posts.
    I believe taxing the banks has not been thought about enough.During the GFC we the tax payer provided the banks with security that all their funds would be safe by way of a government guarantee.What did the banks give us back for this.The big four decided to increase rates instantly upon official rate rises and sometimes by a greater amount.

The problem with Australian banking is the big four and the way they prey on the averages.That is the average Aussie they know will never move banks,why bother? The other 3 banks all put their rates up they all have hidden fees and charges we probably should just stay were we are.

Sure a super profits tax on banks would be passed on to the consumer, but their is a lot of other good banks and lending institutions out there that are not in the business of making super profits so would have no reason too pass any extra charges on.The discrepancy in rates and charges between the big 4 banks and the other banks would become to large for the average Aussie to ignore,and a significant change in the Australian banking market place might hopefully take place.

Not sure if Kevin would like this outcome,but I think a more competitive banking market place would benefit all Aussies.Anyway, these are only a few thoughts that have been running through my mind ,hope to get a few responses on the pros and cons of my argument.Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.