ANZ 0.89% $29.60 anz group holdings limited

more shady disclosure by anz, page-9

1. 6,716 Posts.
    Well Rosee, there are a whole bunch of times they have done it in the past two weeks.

I suggest that you look at the big announcement ANZ made about the shares that it "owned" on 4 April.

The next trading day, I lost track of reading how many companies posted announcements stating that ANZ had actually sold those shares on 2 or 3 April.

ANZ's apparent excuse for misleading the market about their holdings on 4 April, was that the shares which it had sold on 2 April and 3 April had not yet settled according to normal T+3 settlement , and therefore ANZ still did own them as of Friday April 4.

While ANZ "might" be techinically correct about the effect of settlement delay of share trades, I consider their announcements regarding their position as at April 4 to be materially wrong, and either intentional misleading or spectacularly incompetent, or reflecting of a complete lack of communication between ANZ and its alleged broker for those sales, GSJBW.

I note that where other companies make announcements about substantial share transactions, you do not usually see the selling company continuing to suggest during the settlement period, that it still owns the shares or that they are still available for sale.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$29.60
Change
0.260(0.89%)
Mkt cap ! $89.07B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.49 $29.73 $29.30 $111.6M 3.774M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1146 $29.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$29.61 30857 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.