zipperlip - I have lived here for a long time - also lived over...

1. 17,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    zipperlip - I have lived here for a long time - also lived over East - 10 years in country Western Australia - rarely a hint of bush fires - the frequency of fires has increased, temperatures have increased; the seasons have shifted by 2 months - forwards; that is: spring and heat arrive earlier by 2 months, at least where I and my friends live, some of whom are farmers, temperatures are higher.

I don't buy into this as a political issue - I am not a 'Greenie', even though they have some good ideas, but are way to whacky for me to take them seriously, but have to try and be diplomatic with my youngsters. Also: seasons have shifted in Europe also (where I am informed) - don't have much real information on the rest of the world, except what's in the newspapers.
    I have observed the shift of seasons out of habit from listening to my hubby who worked for CBH; (Cooperative Bulk Handling [of wheat and related grains]), hence he always commented on the event or absence of rain at the right time for the wheat farmers.

Unfortunately, because Australia is making so much money from the sale of coal, climate change denial his has become a political mantra - it is very wrong IMO - and we are all going to pay a high price in order to keep the profits going for big business, which often isn't even Australian-owned.
    That's all I am going to say on this. Fingers crossed and I hope that one day the Australian public is going to elect people into Parliament who really want to do something for this country and not fill their own and their businessmen friends' pockets.

Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.