Zip - I have only one room with air conditioning and try to use...

1. 17,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Zip - I have only one room with air conditioning and try to use it only when it is really really hot outside and my granite-brick house is begining to store heat - the rest is fans, or opening windows and doors strategically.

I still remember X-Masses which were surprisingly cold, but that is close to 15 - 20 years ago - I remember only one Christmas which was preceded by a long dry perioed and a heat wave and we had to come to Perth from Bunbury - on that day the sudden and much-longed-for rains came down like a flood - we were driving round the university grounds - eventually walking - and everyone was drenched and rejoicing - students jumping into puddles like little kids etc. - so, yess, - the weather is changeable, but please don't tell me that that billions of us humans with our wasteful ways are not more like a plague on Mother Earth, which herself is a thin crust over a melting inferno - in some places only 20 km thick (East Africa) in others the fire and lava forcing itself out more frequently than ever.

....and all some people can think of is building more and more high-rise buildings on a tiny piece of ground - or squeezing more oil out of rock by injecting God-knows-what into the earth - there are fault lines all around the world which are beginning to squelch and belch and tremble.

It could all be a natural rhythm - and I grant you these happen, but I get sick to death of hearing all the excuses for our continued misuse and rape of this wonderful - ONE green place in this vast Universe - maybe there are others, but so far we have only got this one home: Mother Earth.

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.