More than 50,000 protesters at Sydney Climate Strike, page-123

1. X80
    1,743 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    The barrier reef is gone or shifts south??

being in mining im happy the kids are fuelling the next mining boom.

Because environmental licenses in 1st world countries take time due to due process which i agree with, the unfilled demand will come from less developed countries with little to none enviro process.

Theres alot of talk done but not many brains being used.

1. Consumption, never addressed by anyone, will kids keeo there phones for 5 years or buy a new one soon as they can afford, made of rare earths and called rare for a reason.
    2. No one demands to know where the minerals for the cars or goods they want are mined? are they dine in enviro responsible country or Africa or sth America?
    3. why is not manadated that it is displayed on vehicles what % is recyclable? is the battery able to be recycled?
    4. what kms did all the components do to make the car or the goods? i think people would be truly shocked to know this, so is a car judged by the exhaust pipe or by the kms it did around the globe to be built and % recyclable. if you were worried about climate you would want to know this.
    5. EU and USA farm subsidies fuel unessearry equipmemt purchases, consuming new minerals and plastics willy nilly.
    6. Angela Merkel was at frankfurt motor show last week to show support for EV, then in same breath said how important the car manufacturing is and its the back bone of economy??? huh...consume more consume more but we are saving the planet??.

I actually think the pace of EV development is moving along fine, they will be top notch if competing with ice for a few years.

The EU and most countries heavy vehicles?? the forgotten space.
    EU as an example in last 5 years population increased 1.5%. The mid to heavy vehicle registraions rose 5%. so consumption per capita and milea your priducts are doing are getting worse not better. And tech for this is along way off zero emission.

People are only want whats convenient....and discount every other argument....not a recipe for success.

Then add up carbon emmited versus carbon sequested...and bingo in oz u wasting yr time.

Ant...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.