AVX 0.00% 2.5¢ avexa limited

more twice a day for treatment experienced, page-3

1. 1,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 66
    The issue about twice a day isn't about drug efficacy - its about patient compliance. I'm sure all patients have good intentions re medicine, but the fact is (and its proven in studies - including in life threatening contexts) that people are more likely to mess up their medications when they have to take the drugs at different times of the day. They forget to take one here and there and this affects the response to treatment. The drug is not the problem/issue, its the patient. Its all very well to say that its a life saving drug so people won't care whether its one a day, two a day or 10 a day, as long as it works. Trouble is that this logic is not backed up in studies. Its human nature to forget and the facts are that compliance will be better when its one a day compared to two. Hence, the same drug will work better if its once a day compared to twice a day. What Avexa has to argue is that twice a day is better than the alternative (and they are on solid ground there, which is why I still hold), but it remains a potential problem - especially when their are proposals to mix it with drugs that are already once a day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.