EOS 10.9% $1.47 electro optic systems holdings limited

more us miliatary oders for crows on the way

1. 960 Posts.
    looks like the US dept of defence wants to spend USD206 mio on CROWS for next year 2006- great news
    for eos shareholders!!!!! see below.

Congressional Record: October 5, 2005 (Senate) - Pages S11117-S11120
    From the Congressional Record Online via GPO Access - DOCID:cr05oc05-21
    DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE APPROPRIATIONS ACT, 2006 - cont.

CROWS

Mr. Salazar: Mr. President, I wish to bring up an important subject involving our soldiers in harm's way. In my State of Colorado and across the country, our fighting men and women have suffered casualties while on patrol in armored vehicles. Typically, the gunner sitting on top of the vehicle is at more risk from being hit both because he or she is visible to the enemy and because he or she is not as protected as those troops inside the armored vehicle.

I recently received an e-mail from a Colorado soldier serving in Iraq. This brave young man wrote me concerning the combat death of his friend. His friend was riding in the gunner's seat when his Humvee was subjected to an improvised explosive device attack. He feels that his friend might still be alive if that Humvee had a Common Remotely Operated Weapons Station--CROWS--and he wanted me to know about it and see if anyone here in Washington could do something about it.

I think we can do something about it, and with the help of my colleagues from Hawaii and Alaska, we will do something about it.

The CROWS can be mounted on a variety of vehicles, including Humvees. It allows the operator to acquire and engage targets while protected inside the armored vehicle from enemy fire and IED attacks. It works with a variety of machine guns. The sensor suite allows both day and night time operation.

This appropriations bill, as it stands now, allocates $75 million out of the emergency supplemental for the military to purchase CROWS. The House Defense appropriations bill provides no funding for CROWS, which is disheartening. The DOD's program manager has advised me that the Pentagon supports spending $206 million for the CROWS system over the next year.

My goal is for the military to be able to purchase thousands of these systems, but at the moment our production capability is only on the order of 10 systems per month. We have to do better. I ask my colleagues, the chairman and ranking member of the Defense Subcommittee on Appropriations, for their leadership and assistance in sustaining the Senate's position when they get to conference on this matter with the House.

Mr. Inouye: Mr. President, like all proud Americans, I share my colleague's concern for the safety and well being of our troops. IED attacks are a very real threat to our troops and it is our responsibility as Members of Congress to help protect our brave men and women fighting overseas. I will work in conference to ensure that we can maintain the Senate's funding level to purchase CROWS for our troops.

Mr. Stevens: Mr. President, I thank my colleagues from Colorado and Hawaii for their work on this issue. They are right. We will continue to support these systems that provide our service members with the force protection they need.

Mr. Salazar: Mr. President, I thank the chairman and the ranking member for their leadership on this issue--and for their careers of service to and sacrifice for this country.

guys the bucks are about to roll in for EOS
    get some shares while you can!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.47
Change
0.145(10.9%)
Mkt cap ! $283.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.34 $1.48 $1.32 $1.590M 1.124M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2905 $1.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.47 10787 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EOS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.