FAR 1.06% 47.5¢ far limited

Hi guys I’d just like to thank all the contributors to this...

1. pj
    2,090 Posts.
    Hi guys

I’d just like to thank all the contributors to this thread for keeping it on course and making it, I think, such a worthwhile source of uncluttered information and opinion that it might prove a useful to some as a back reference - just entering the thread title into the standard HC search will recall the thread direct.

Couple of things I was going to add to my original starter post:

1. Cairn haven’t been exactly consistent in their reporting of SNE2 and SNE3 tested pay, the former having gross and net tested pay reported of blocky 12m gross/11.5m net, thinner 15m gross/~3.5m net for a total of 15m net tested as productive and the latter only gross tested pay reported (“gas sands”/thin sands in total 20m tested).

Mandurah I think also touched on this information, and given we haven’t had definitive total net pay reported for either veered towards CN’s “unofficial verbal speculation” of 30m average net pay across the field.

Well, I have in the past looked very carefully at this and from the images (sorry gridder) and the information provided, I just dunno ..... I note Ya suggested in a post the other day before that verbal reported statement of CN’s that given the unknowns and only partially appraised status an average of 18-20m over the whole central gas cap area an extrapolation of 18-20m might be reasonable (or words to that effect) and this could still easily total an amount of 500mb recoverable.

2. Again addressing CN’s verbal reported statement of “30m across the whole field”.

I presume this would have referred only to the recently enlarged gas cap area currently being appraised (around 100sq km).

If she meant the whole 350sq km extended field surely that would have to be “over the top” when it’s not even had a single well put into the extended additional 250sq km area, which, I note is only classified by Cairn in their presentation as “exploration potential”.

Must say I’d like to see a revised artistic N-S seismic image up to the extended field limits showing us what sands they expect to be present and then see it drilled. To the north, if BEL1 is successful top and bottom then I see a triple opportunity for that with what seems a portrayed overlap on FAR’s map with BH2 or whatever they name it at the top, Sirius in the middle and Northern extension of SNE at bottom. That would be interesting!

Also

With respect to a post made by Zip @OFL8777 the other day showing us how the best multi billion barrel fields had large net pay zones, I just wished to re-iterate a point I made once before that it is obvious that compared with a potential multibillion barrel field made up predominantly of relatively widely spread prospects with relatively thin sand sections, a more compact equivalent with large net pay must be a lot less expensive to prove up, a lot less expensive to develop and a lot less expensive to run. And depending on strategy a lot quicker to put into production.

So I was thinking of those yummy big thick yellow blocky pay zones sitting in the water at SNE and wondering whether they could be present in an oil zone elsewhere in the block. Can the geos identify a likelihood of these sands – they don’t seem to be reflected in the current potential volume estimates for the currently identified shelf prospects

Hhmm, nice to see, though, in the presentation transcript, that FAN is still alive with suggestions of thicker sand sections away from where FAN1 was drilled

pj
    Last edited by pj: 17/03/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.5¢
Change
0.005(1.06%)
Mkt cap ! $43.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 48.0¢ 46.5¢ $110.3K 234.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 217746 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.5¢ 68975 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.