ATH 12.5% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

moreld, check this out.

1. 5,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Moreld, check this one out. Happening now. Now that board is sorry.
    Shareholders are taking action against the board for selling them out. Zymo Genetics was sitting at arount $12 a few years back as their blood clotting agent Recothrom was approved for use by the FDA. Right after it was approved, for no obvious reason there was a big selloff(short attack?). It went all the way down to near $3 and was slowly recovering.
    Their synthetic product is superior to the existing Kings product which is made from bovine blood and their product is now gaining market share.
    They are also developing IL-21 (a new safer type of Interferon) against HepC and they are in an advanced stage of clinical development. See Millers comments.
    David Miller founded Biotech Stock Research
    "Im well aware most successful biotechs get purchased before they have a chance to grow, but this is a terrible deal. Bristol is paying a tiny 11% premium over Zymos 52-week high. RecoThrom is cash-flow positive at the end of this year. Assuming interferon-lambda is successful, which is a safe assumption otherwise partner Bristol wouldnt be doing this deal, Zymos Board is accepting $200 million LESS in this buyout than they likely would have earned anyway in established milestone payments from the original deal. Not to mention 50% of NA profit and 15-28% ex-NA royalties or, for that matter, the rest of the pipeline and RecoThrom cash stream.

I know, risk-adjusted NPV blah, blah, blah.

Fact of the matter is, Zymos Board sold shareholders and employees out. This is a terrible deal. With 66% of the needed shares already locked up, however, Bristol has it in the bag.

A terrible ending for one of Seattles best biotechs. "

http://www.prlog.org/10915285-zymogenetics-inc-board-under-investor-investigation.html

I think small Aust companies have some protection from the type of shorting ZGEN experienced in the USA. I know this is the USA, but I guess these are the type of sharks the Prana board has to do business with.

My guess is that it is clinical results and mainstream acceptance of the technology which will bring decent deals to the table.
    Zgen recently announced completion of enrollment in phase 2B Clinical Trial with Peg-Interferon Lambda for treatment of hepC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $23.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $508 124.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
103 97947018 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 31179262 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.42am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.