PLS 3.83% $2.98 pilbara minerals limited

Morgan Stanley beat Macquarie, page-88

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    AL - I did not have access to the report, but on the way home, there were some papers lying on the ground, so I picked them up, must have fallen off the back of a truck, but now I do not have it any more...

Surprised about the volume of commentary in this thread without any attention to the numbers. Without going into detail, having read the report, I feel quite at ease about my lithium investments.

To me the EV sales assumptions up to 2019 looked a bit light - as if Tesla's Model 3 alone could make up the projected increase.

I actually totally agree with you AL in that the article pays very little attention to and massively underestimates grid or non-EV power storage opportunities. Indeed I think it mentioned a paltry CAGR of less than 3% (!!!) between 2017 to 2025.

I actually believe this growth is likely to be much larger. However, from recent posting on the AJM thread (sorry, I am invested in that too) I am close to despair. If the attitudes of the bulk of AJM investors were to be taken as an indicator of energy storage opportunity for lithium producers, there is none. I think despite what has been demonstrated by Tesla in South Australia with its 50MW battery, people do not get the implications nor the opportunity that this implies for the lithium market beyond the batteries in their pocket calculators or EVs.

So yes, I for one - putting aside the moral criminality of MS you mention - believe the MS numbers are more like BS numbers. No sleep lost on account of of their numbers.

DYOR & DYOT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.110(3.83%)
Mkt cap ! $8.969B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.99 $3.10 $2.95 $98.90M 32.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 16986 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.98 175531 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.